Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Microsoft Word / Week 10

In our tutorial today we were required to write a letter in Microsoft word, which I originally thought would be simple, as I have been using word for what seems like forever.

At first, tasks such as using italics and underlining certain words was ridiculously easy. And then stuff such as double spacing was not AS easy, but I was still familiar with it.

Then we started doing things which I had never heard of, for example the 'tracking changes' tool. I thought this was very interesting, and with a bit of practice will become quite easy to use. I think out of all the things we were asked to do in word today this was one which I learnt the most from, and will probably use it frequently.Our last task was by far the most difficult. The mail merge. I had never even heard of it before and found it difficult to use. It was only after help from my tutor that i was able to understand it, and even then only just.

No comments: